Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Memory Card/Pictures

I lost a memory card to my camera--I don't know when/where. I think maybe it was over the weekend, but I'm not really sure. It could honestly be anywhere! I was in North Carolina for the wedding this past weekend and I thought I had it up there. In which case, it is probably lost for good in the grass or on the side of the road. :( Luckily it was my smaller memory card and I still have the larger one with more pictures stored on it. Hopefully there was nothing important on that one. I did have a thought though...wouldn't it be a good idea to take a picture of your address or e-mail big enough that someone who finds your memory card could read it? Then if they are a good samaritan they could contact you and return it. I know that my pictures are very important to me and that is also the case for many others.  I think I may do it, who knows it may come in handy one day ( it may not, but I've wasted five minutes if anything).

Since this post seems to be about pictures let me also add this; I find it very annoying that I can not upload my pictures. I am using a MAC now, where as I used to use a PC. This presents a problem when it comes to uploading pictures because I can't find the USB cord to my camera. I was simply taking the SD card out and putting it into the computer and uploading that way. You can't do that on a MAC--must have a USB cord to do it. So it's annoying because I have all of these pictures that need to be uploaded and no way to do it. Well, one way--I can go to walgreens and get a CD of them but it's kind of expensive to do that for just a hundred pictures or less. I have pictures all the way back to ST. Patrick's day that I haven't been able to upload. Anyone that knows me knows that I used to upload the NEXT DAY. I can't put up all of the great wedding pictures :( We look so cute in our "vintage" outfits, P. has on tails, gloves, cane and a top hat!

1 comment:

  1. That really sucks!! I would DIE if I lost my memory card. Hopefully the person that finds the picture of your address isn't a murderer - haha....what are the chances?! That's prob a good idea though...I hope there are still good people out there! Tails, gloves, cane and top hat? I want to see the pictures! :) Sam wants to get a mac for me(my laptop won't last much longer) - which is fine with me...but that's weird. thankfully I have my usb though. I didn't know you could just stick the memory card into a computer.

    ReplyDelete