**The above comment is not directed at anyone person
In continuation, who made wedding so expensive anyway? Like, why in the world would someone think it's acceptable to charge thousands of dollars for a cake? I certainly cannot afford even a $1000 cake, but come on!
The amount that the average wedding in America costs is between $20,000-25,000. I could buy a BRAND new car for that. So I took my own poll to see what the average spent by my friends was. As that is private information that they shared with me, I will not be posting that. With all of that said, I am stressed out about paying for the wedding. Paul suggested that we set the wedding for the spring of 2011 so that there is more time to save money.
Ok, seriously? I do not want to wait that long to get married. I want to get married this year, not next year. But I can't get married this year, so 2010 it is. I think long engagements are silly and in our case, there is no point. If I didn't have such massive amounts of debt that I write check for every month I would have a ridiculous sum of money to add to the wedding fund.
I don't know what to do. There is also another problem regarding bridesmaids and one other thing that is very important to me. Do I sacrifice the most important aspects in order to spread the budget out further? Do I put the wedding off until '11 so that there is time to save more? I am getting married ONE time and one time only. I want my wedding to be what I have always thought that I would have. When faced with the reality that I am probably not going to have that it upsets me terribly.

No comments:
Post a Comment